Tuesday 25 February 2014

The Body Shop // Chocomania Collection



I must admit, The Body Shop isn't usually a place I would think to shop in, usually I go in for a browse if I'm stuck with what to buy someone a gift or if they have a sale on but nine out of ten times I leave the shop with nothing, so when I was given a gift set for Christmas by a friend I was a little dubious.

I was given the Chocomania collection giftset that included:
- Shower cream (250ml)
- Soap (100g bar)
- Body Butter (48g)
- Body Scrub (55g)
- Mini Loofah

The presentation of the gift box (which sadly I have now destroyed, sigh *slaps wrists*) was beautiful - it came in a brown box tied with a matching ribbon and all the products displayed wonderfully inside.

The shower cream and soap were the first items I used from the set, both of which smelt absolutely incredible. It's like chocolate but somehow better? Is that even possible? Somehow The Body Shop have managed to do it! Aside from the smell, the shower cream is soap free so is perfect for even sensitive skin. The soap bar contains coconut shell which also exfoliates as you use it and left me feeling clean, soft and smelling great.

The body butter and scrub smell equally amazing. The scrub dissolves easily and becomes really creamy as you use it and you get amazing results with this, it would be a fab one to use if you are using fake tan. The body butter left my skin feeling soft and smooth, but did take a while to sink in so if you are in a rush and don't have time to fan yourself for ten minutes until it dries then this one definitely isn't for you. Despite this, I would still say it is a new addition to my favourite body butters. I would love to try out the body lotion from this range as I think it would absorb into the skin quicker so would be better for day-to-day usage (not sure about you but I don't fancy having to wake up 10 minutes earlier on a weekday to slap body butter on?!)

Overall I absolutely love this collection, it has left me happy and truly satisfied - without even eating any chocolate! Since trying these products I have been back to the Body Shop and purchased their face mist for setting my make up, which I will do a full review on once I have finished trying it out.

Have you tried any Body Shop products? What would you recommend I try next?

Emily xx

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. People seems to have different opinions on the chocmania collection but I feel the same way you do! It's lovely! The scent is just som awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Body Shop products, i got the shea butter gift set just before christmas and totally love it, i havent tried chocmania, im really into shea/cocoa/coconut at the moment, lovely post :)

    H, xo
    adiamondinthenorth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete